Thursday 18 January 2007

Are you a searcher too...Journey,Knowledge,Meditation,Thoughts?

Some people could say that I have always been a searcher, always asking the question why.

When I was a little girl, I can remember my mum saying, “Stop always asking why”.

I never listened because I always wanted to find my own answers, and I still have the same philosophy about most things.

I learnt to meditate in 1976. It was one of the best things I did. I hitchhiked 12 miles from Wrexham to Chester and I paid £17.00 to learn a technique called transcendental meditation.
Meditation is definitely a journey and not just something you do, because the experiences change as you practise.
All I believe, is that I would definitely be ‘off my head’ if I had not had the technique of meditation to help me get through the stresses of life….more about that later.

I went to Art School in Manchester. I had always wanted to do medicine but my mum changed my school when I was 14 because I came home and told her that someone had asked me to go shoplifting at lunchtime. I declined the invitation and that experience sealed my fate. I moved to a school where the facilities in the sciences were rubbish so I took up languages and the Arts.

I had quite a good career in commercial Art but decided that there was more to life than money.

My real journey into everything unusual began after my brother "passed over" in 1978 age 22, not long after my meditation training had begun.

Since then I have experienced all kinds of stuff, from the sublime to the bizarre. I think of myself as a continual student still always questioning and asking why

My blogs will be full of stuff from the question of death to the experiences of past lives and rebirth.
It will contain stories about my experiences in Greece when I ran off with a millionaire and my connections with him that I experienced through a regression session.
I trained as a regression therapist in 1992 for 3 years, but have never felt experienced enough to start practising.

Concerning my opinions on anything esoteric, there are many people out there that tell you that they are experts in their field, whether it is Reiki, Crystals, Meditation( to quote just a few things.)
What I believe, is there are many people who also want to take your money.
They also tell you that they are experts but they have only been qualified a short time.
As I mentioned earlier, to learn a technique without giving the time to assimilate and learn from your own experiences is zero.
Experience and understanding only come with the journey and that can last a lifetime.

My journey is ongoing and everyday I try to understand something new about either a situation or myself.
Therefore, who knows where this path will lead me.

All I know now is, if I can sow a few seeds with my writing and my thoughts, then that is a good thing, but do not believe anything I write about until you believe it inwardly for yourselves.


WHAT IS TIME? .....Journey, Knowledge, Meditation, Thoughts?

No comments: