Tuesday 13 February 2007

Internet Marketing and bedwetting...Life, Focus?

I am up again and it is 4.30am. My son has had an 'accident' in his bed and woke me up! I took him swimming yesterday evening, and he must have drunk half of the pool because he complained of tummy ache?

Therefore, my mind is now full of things I need to do, and most of it centres on the web based business I am trying to develop. I was actually in the middle of increasing my back links when I was abruptly awoken from my sleep............!

It was brought to my attention by my friend and business partner Sarah that the word internet broken down could be viewed as, “into the net”. That is certainly, what has happened to me!


I have searched and acquired all kinds of information on various topics:

  • e-bay
  • e-zines
  • squeeze pages
  • e-books
  • pay per click
  • focus target markets
  • emotional direct response marketing
  • blogging
  • business funnels
  • sales brochures
  • joint venturing
  • affiliates
  • power linking
  • timely stories
  • spam assassins
  • co-registration
  • unique visitors
  • tracking pages
  • keywords
  • testing

The list goes on……!


The problem is I feel somewhat overwhelmed by the enormity of all the information.

How easy it is to get side tracked from what you originally started out to do? Just what I have written in my blog!


My new internet-based business is quite young. My first web site of 6 years is more of a spiritual based information site rather than a business. I am now developing it further by changing certain things, to get more traffic.


I am in the process of creating a new site, which started as a way to promote and sell all the fanstastic information products I have.


Then I decided to bring into the site the spiritual and environmental ways of how to change your life, as well as the material.


It is looking quite good, and the people that have seen it so far have liked it…thank goodness!


I decided to start blogging as a way to introduce myself, as a spiritual and sensitive person. It is supposed to contain mainly, deep meaningful, thought provoking stuff.


Up to now, my needs have always been met, but unfortunately, my needs are now not enough to survive, and I have had to think about what it is that I want.


That started me on the pathway of thinking how to promote and market an online business and an idea was created around selling information products – a hot topic!


I have had to put into practise what I have just been writing about in my blog, what is it that I want?My end goal is to have enough money to be financially independent and to help other people in the process. Therefore, an internet marketing business is in the process of being created!


After all, what you ask for is given to you!.....watch this space.


With these last few words, I think I need to go and meditate, because I have only had 4 hours sleep.


Oh and thanks to Joshua for getting me up, otherwise I would not have written this post!

Focus, Affiliates, Environment, Keywords, Life, Markets, Sales...

1 comment:

Derfel said...

Wow.... pretty heavy stuff.... you appera to have a really good handle on wot makes it all tick .... where are the links to your other sites.... are they posted in your other blogs...